Steven Zammit has kicked off the first round of Australian Supertruck Sprint Series by claiming the inaugural pole-position at Wakefield Park Raceway.
R came out fighting, posting the quickest time of the day with a 1:18.1268, in what was a near flawless lap, but it just wasn’t good enough to contain the Purple People Eater of Zammit. Steven had pulled something out of the hat, posting a new record lap of 1:17.7369 to snatch the glory away from Walters.
Steven Zammit begins his lap
Zammit takes the chequered flag.
1. STEVEN ZAMMIT – SRZ RACING – 1:17.7369
2. WALTER – 1:18.1268
3. STEVE COULTER – TREVOR PAGE RACING – 1:20.1403
4. FRANK AMOROSO – FATE RACING – 1:22.6113
5. FLETCHER CHRISTIAN – HIGHLANDS TRUCK RACING – 1:26.4930
6. LARRY HAWKE – 2CRAZY RACING – 1:37.8842
DNS : REYNTJES/ANDERSON/YARDY/DEGEE/HEWAT